This blog is for informational purposes only. Some links may be monetized. Thank you for supporting Well Fed Family with your purchases.
It’s fall and time for all things pumpkin! We are eating far fewer grains right now because some in our family do better without them. But I needed a muffin that would also please the tastebuds of the others who don’t have to restrict grains. These muffins fit that requirement! They aren’t overly sweet, but the addition of chocolate chips gives a little burst of sweetness that goes well with the fall spices. Be sure to keep any leftovers in the refrigerator. For a dairy-free muffin use coconut oil or palm shortening in place of the butter.
Grain-free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs from pasture-raised hens
1/4 cup melted butter, or coconut oil
3 Tablespoons raw honey
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot flour
3 Tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup soy-free mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your muffin pan with muffin papers or butter.
Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, melted butter or oil, and the honey in a medium bowl. In a large bowl stir together the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and the spices. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and divide the batter equally between the muffin cups. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins: grain-free with dairy-free option
Recipe type: grain-free muffin
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs from pastured hens
- ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup soy-free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare your muffin tins with paper liners or butter.
- Mix together the pumpkin, eggs, melted butter or oil, and honey in a medium bowl.
- Mix together the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and spices in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and divide the batter equally between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
What is your favorite pumkin-flavored treat for fall? Share with us in the comments. Be sure to pin this recipe for later!