This blog is for informational purposes only. Some links may be monetized. Thank you for supporting Well Fed Family with your purchases!
I love slow-cooker recipes! We were gone all day yesterday and it was so nice to come home to the delicious aromas of dinner nearly ready. The prep was simple – I pulled out a grassfed chuck roast from the deep freeze the night before, rolled it in my homemade Cajun Seasoning, stuck it in the crockpot and topped it with chopped onions and diced tomatoes. Eight hours later I made some rice and a salad and there was dinner!
If your Cajun Seasoning doesn’t have salt, you will need to add a teaspoon of sea salt as you rub the seasoning over the beef.
- 3 lb. beef chuck roast (preferably grassfed)
- 1½ Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning (see link for recipe)
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Coat the chuck roast on all sides with the Cajun Seasoning and place in a slow cooker.
- Place the chopped onion evenly over the chuck roast.
- Mix the diced tomatoes with the Tabasco sauce, and pour it over the onions and beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until tender and falling apart.
Serve over hot cooked rice so you can catch all the delicious juices!