The brightness of lemon meets the velvety smoothness of butter; only four nourishing ingredients make this a simple sauce that comes together in just minutes, ready to drizzle over baked fish, steamed new potatoes, braised kale or anywhere you need the perfect finishing touch. Not just tasty, but able to offer all the good things in butter plus the nutrition of bone broth along with trace minerals in real sea salt, this sauce helps you feel satisfied.
- 3 Tblsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 Tblsp homemade bone broth
- 8 Tblsp butter (preferably from grassfed cows)
- generous pinch of sea salt (we like Celtic or Himalayan)
- When the rest of the meal is just about ready heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the lemon juice and bone broth to the skillet along with the generous pinch of sea salt and heat until it begins to simmer.
- One tablespoon at a time, whisk in the butter allowing it to melt fully as you continue to whisk until each tablespoon is incorporated.
- Taste the sauce once all the butter has been whisked completely into the liquid and adjust adding more salt or lemon juice if needed.
What kind of bone broth should you use? Use whatever you have, but consider the flavors of what you are putting the sauce one – use chicken broth on vegetables, fish, poultry or pork; use beef broth for steaks.
Some links may be monetized. This blog is for informational purposes only.